Sunday, April 1, 2012

Wordle



While wordle is an amazing and creative addition to a presentation, I have trouble seeking the educational value of this site.  A couple months ago, I wanted to see what all the hype was about.  I made myself a wordle to display the conjunctions in French.  I quickly realized that I could only print a 8.5x11 sized sheet of paper showing my nice artistic diagram and that this small sized paper would not look big enough for my classroom walls.  I would then show the students my image on the screen and have them ooohhh and ahhhh for a couple of minutes but then it would be out of sight, out of mind. 
The incredibly cool thing about this site, is that you can mould your words into objects/pictures.  I think it is a cool concept but have lots of trouble assessing how it could be used other than an attractive presentation piece.  I encourage any reader to help me out with ideas as to how we might use wordle in the classroom!
Wordle: Conjonctions
My conjunctions wordle

No comments:

Post a Comment